Athletics Opportunities at GMS
Tiger athletes have the opportunity to participate in organized sports all year. All our sports teams practice open membership, but students must not be failing any class, must maintain good attendance, and must abstain from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol use to participate. All athletes must participate in the student drug testing program. All athletes must also complete a physical and provide proof of insurance, concussion, and cardiac arrest documentation prior to participation.
Practices for our fall sports begin nearly as soon as, and sometimes prior to, the first day of school. If you are interested in participating on one of our fall teams, please click on the coaches name to email the coach for a practice schedule.
- Cheerleading - Tessa Forwalt
- Cross Country - Kelsey Ubil
- Football - Nick Scalf
- Swimming - Neil Rullman
- Volleyball -
Our winter sports season is short but intense, with games and meets nearly every weekend. Participating in winter sports is a great way to maintain your conditioning for spring!
- 5th/6th Grade Boys Basketball - Gabe Gill, Chris Mattox
- 7th/8th Grade Boys Basketball - Ryan Knigga, Nick Tremain
- 5th/6th Grade Girls Basketball -
- 7th/8th Grade Girls Basketball - Ryan Knigga, Jason Redar
- Wrestling - David Sheeley
It’s spring! Get outside and join us!
- Track - David Sheeley
Athletics Director - Mark Pierson
GMS Assistant Principal - Brice Darling